Dermal Fillers, made from the naturally occurring substance hyaluronic acid, help diminish facial lines and restore volume loss and fullness to provide a refreshed, more youthful appearance.
We commonly treat lips (to plump and contour), temples, under eyes, cheeks, jawline, nasolabial folds (lines extending from the sides of the nose to the edges of the mouth) and chin.
What To Expect…
Before Your Treatment
- Schedule your treatment at least two weeks before any important events.
- If you get a blemish in the treatment area, reschedule your appointment until it’s cleared up.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory medications such as Advil and Aleve for one week before treatment.
During Your Treatment
- Arrive at the office with face washed and without makeup
- A numbing cream will be applied to the treatment area to ensure minimal discomfort
- Most treatments are performed in under one hour
- You will see a difference immediately, but fillers take about two weeks to settle.
- You will experience minor redness, swelling, bruising, and tenderness in the area treated, which will resolve within a week.
How long will my filler last?
The body naturally absorbs dermal fillers over time. Therefore, patients do require maintenance treatments. Typically a maintenance appointment is needed every 6-12 months depending on your age, the area treated, amount and type of filler used, and lifestyle.
Does it hurt?
A numbing cream is applied to the skin before the treatment to make you more comfortable. However, most patients describe feeling only mild discomfort.
Is there any downtime?
Very little. Typically, you can return to your daily routine within a day. However, we always advise patients they will have some minor bruising and swelling, so it is best not to schedule a filler appointment right before an important event.
What are the side effects?
Dermal fillers are considered very safe. The most common reactions we see are redness, swelling, bruising, and tenderness. These are generally mild and settle in approximately one week or sooner. Other side effects such as vascular occlusions are very rare.
Will I look pillowy and unnatural?
Too much filler can result in facial features looking pillowy or unnatural. However, when the correct filler is used appropriately and placed in the right location, the result is a natural, more youthful appearance.
What treatment should I get?
Treatment choice depends on your age, treatment goals, and facial anatomy. We recommend booking a free consultation to discuss your areas of concern and treatment options.