PRP for Hair Restoration
PRP for Hair Restoration
Typically requires 3-4 treatments with 6-8 weeks between treatments, it will take several months to complete and to allow proper use and production of organic components to enhance hair growth and allow desired hair restoration.
What To Expect…
- Nicole will advise what medications or supplements need to be stopped for the safety of this procedure.
- She will begin by drawing a small amount of your blood to utilize your body’s natural resources to achieve your hair restoration goals.
- Your blood is separated using a high-speed centrifuge to remove the platelet-rich plasma from the other blood components to retrieve the most vital part, the plasma.
- After preparing the PRP, Nicole will inject it along the scalp to enrich the area with crucial growth factors within the PRP.
- After injection, your body will utilize the additional growth factor to enhance collagen production and allow faster hair growth with improvements seen in hair health.
- Requiring minimal downtime and adequate skin protection following treatment is crucial.
- Avoid aggressive scrubbing of the scalp and head to avoid irritation. Use proper suncare with protective clothing and SPF for a faster healing process.
What is PRP?
PRP, or Platelet-Rich Plasma, uses the growth factors taken from a small portion of your blood to treat skin concerns and hair loss.
How does PRP work for hair restoration?
PRP creates a healthy foundation for hair to grow and encourages growth by stimulating collagen production and regenerating the tissue in the scalp.
How much does PRP for hair restoration cost?
The cost depends on your specific needs, which can be discussed with Nicole during your consultation. This treatment begins at $700 for a single session and starts at $1800 for a package of 3 sessions.
When will I see the results?
Although you won’t see results immediately, your body and hair follicles will begin to absorb the PRP and utilize it to boost collagen production and improve hair follicle health. You’ll start to see results within 3-4 months, and optimal results are visible 4-9 months following treatment.
How long do PRP treatments take?
Treatments can take up to an hour, making it easy to work into a busy schedule! Your series of treatments will be spaced out 6-8 weeks for optimal healing and hair growth between each injection.
Is there any downtime for PRP treatment?
PRP hair restoration is minimally invasive with the use of small needles for PRP injections. You may feel some slight discomfort at the injection site, but PRP injections are virtually pain-free. Requiring minimal downtime and adequate skin protection following treatment is crucial. Avoid aggressive scrubbing of the scalp and head to avoid irritation, and using proper suncare with protective clothing is recommended for a faster healing process.