Many people have been struggling with a problem area on their face or body that seems to retain any excess fat. Thanks to Fat Dissolving Injections, which are also known as non-surgical chin lifts and contouring. These injections are non-invasive compared to liposuction, a surgical procedure that reduces small fat deposits. In fact, the official term to refer to this treatment could be injection lipolysis, with the trademark Lipodissolve.
The first injection approved by the FDA in 2015 is called Kybella (sometimes Belkyra), which consists of deoxycholic acid, a compound that dissolves the fat and is produced by the body naturally. Surprisingly, these fat dissolving injections have increased in popularity over the years in many countries. Contrary to what people may think, this treatment does not only for the area of the face but also for other parts of the body, such as the hips, arms, knees, ankles, thighs, and even male breasts.
How Does Fat Dissolving Injections Work?
The procedure involved using compounded phosphatidylcholine or Deoxycholate, also known as PCDC, to remove fat from the unwanted areas of your body. Through the Phosphatidylcholine injection into the subcutaneous tissue, all local fat deposits get destroyed, allowing fat stored in the cell to be released and removed.
The role of the injections is to emulsify and break down cholesterol and fat before it is absorbed naturally by the body. People worldwide are using this as a safe, effective way of removing stubborn fat from areas of the body.
What Are Examples of Fat Dissolving Injections?
Fat-dissolving injections include Aqualyx and Kybella, the brand names of two similar fat-dissolving compounds. However, only Kybella is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Moreover, fat-dissolving injections are alternatives to liposuction that help break down the body’s fat cells (adipocytes). That said, it causes a localized inflammatory body response, which helps remove fat cells from the body via urine.
What did Benefits Do Fat Dissolving Injections provide?
There are numerous benefits of fat-dissolving injections. Since the injections consist of vitamins, enzymes, Phosphatidylcholine, Deoxycholate, and alpha lipid acid, it induces a chemical reaction that helps burn fat. Here are some of the benefits to expect from Fat Dissolving Injections:
- It’s non-surgical. The fat dissolving injections are a non-surgical process used for dissolving fat from the unwanted areas of the body. This is the procedure for people who are scared of surgery—no need for cuts and stitches on your body.
- Injections are on problem areas only. Another benefit of using a fat dissolving injection is that it is administered to the problem areas, meaning it does not require any anesthesia and injecting the whole body.
- Quick and effective. No admission of hours stays in the hospital or clinic. Fat-dissolving injections won’t need hospitalization after the procedure.
- A downtime process. Because the liquid is only injected into fat deposits, there is zero downtime. It doesn’t take much time, and the procedure is complete once injected into the problem area.
- Only require a few injections. Depending on the problem area and amount of flab, the number of injections differs from one person to another. A few can be used and will spread over the coming weeks.
- The fat is quickly eliminated from the body. It only takes 4-6 weeks for the fat to leave the body. So it takes a month or so to see the results of the injections. As it gradually dissolves, the elimination process leaves the skin firmer and tighter.
What Can Areas Be Treated By This Treatment?
Fat-dissolving injections can effectively eliminate the fat from stubborn areas of the body, such as the:
- upper and lower back
- male breasts
- baby bulge
- double chins
What To Expect From The Fat Dissolving Procedure?
Administering the fat-dissolving injections, there may be slight variations like Aqualyx and Kybella. Usually, the process gets completed within half an hour to an hour. Below are the steps commonly followed in most medical spas:
- The target area will be cleaned with a sterilizing solution.
- A local numbing injection will be administered to the patient to make the procedure painless.
- The doctor will then inject the fat-dissolving solution into the targeted body area.
- The doctor will use an ultrasound device to ensure that the treatment goes appropriately into the area that is being targeted so that maximum fat cells are destroyed.
What Are The Potential Side Effects Of This Treatment?
The possible side effects from fat dissolving injections are minor and include:
- Itching (due to allergic reaction)
These usually subside within 48 hours, and the patient can use an ice pack to resolve the swelling. In fact, half of the patients may experience numbness at the injection site, which should go away within 30 days.
In addition, below are common side effects that include:
- Fever (rare)
- Prolonged bruising
How Long Does The Result Show?
Following the fat dissolving treatment, it will take around 4 to 6 weeks to see the results. The good news is that the effects after the treatment can last for an extensive amount of time, given that those patients receiving the procedure do not gain weight. Fat-dissolving injection only required 2– 8 sessions, but it varies differently from one person to another and by the problem area.
Mainly, the first session included a discussion with the doctor. After the consultation, the patient will know the number of injections needed to achieve desired results. Then, the injection might be on the same day or later, depending on how prepared the patient is.
The Bottom Line
Fat-dissolving injections can help achieve goals when it comes to appearance with less invasive treatment. Enhance Medical Aesthetics offers Fat Dissolving Injections, primarily used for chin fullness with Deoxycholic acid. This injectable treatment targets and eliminates fat cells under the chin caused by aging, weight gain, or genetics.
If you have exhausted ways to improve this area with lifestyle changes, this non-invasive treatment may be a great option. It is a quick & safe procedure, which can be completed in 15-20 minutes. Your chin profile will improve significantly through a series of customized treatment sessions.